Courses in Science
FIRST YEAR B.Sc.
The students joining F.Y.B.Sc. shall have to take four subjects out of following.
- Computer Science
The following combinations of four subjects are taught in this college.
- For any combination, if there is a poor response, the decision of the authorities in this regards shall be Final
- Students who desires to take Physics (Principal) at T.Y.B.Sc. shall have to offer Math as one of his subjects at F.Y.B.Sc.
- Candidate passing H. S. C. Examination of Maharashtra State Board Higher Secondary Education or any equivalent examination with English, Math and Physics will be eligible for admission to F.Y.B.Sc. Computer Course.
- Candidate passing Govt. Diploma Exam in Computer subject is also eligible to F.Y.B.Sc. Computer Course.
- While selecting the combination of subjects at F.Y.B.Sc. level the students should take into consideration the admissible combination of subject at S.Y.B.Sc.
- For Each Student there will be two theory papers and one practical each 100 marks.
SECOND YEAR (S.Y.B.Sc.)
A student shall offer three out of the four subjects offered by him at F.Y.B.Sc. In Addition, he shall offer one language: English or Marathi.
The Following Combination of three subjects are taught in this college.
Note: – As per North Maharashtra University circular, a semester pattern has been adopted from S.Y.B.Sc. w.e.f. from 2008-09
THIRD YEAR (T. Y. B. Sc.)
The College Provides following principal subject at T.Y.B.Sc.
- Computer Science
Note: The students shall offer one of three subjects by him at S.Y.B.Sc. as his principal subjects.The Principal subjects shall have six theory papers and three practical papers of 100 marks each.
POST GRADUATE COURSES
C. Patel Arts, Commerce and Science College is today well known for the advanced and innovative post graduate courses. The R. C. Patel Educational trust initiated to start the new P.G courses such as M.A. (English), M.Sc. in Computer Science, Microbiology, Bio-technology, and Chemistry. Each of these courses is self financing course which opens the new horizons of the job-opportunity and research to the students.
The Details of P.G Courses:
M.Sc. (Computer Science)
- Two years course (Four Semesters).
- Intake capacity: 30.
- Minimum required qualification: B.Sc in Computer Science.
- Admissions on merit basis.
Features of Computer- Science Department
- Highly sophisticate, air conditional laboratories fulfilling the national standards.
- Free-internet facility.
- Additional accessory for P.G students such as Scanner, Printer, CD-write along with all software.
- Structured Connectivity for all computers.
- G department provides guidelines about IT on the basis alumni.
- Placement Cell.
- Invited talks on the latest core knowledge.
- Creative departmental activities.
Features of Department of Microbiology and Biotechnology
- Laboratories: Well equipped with modern research and analytical facilities such as-
- UV vis Spectrophotometer(Schimadzu)
- Orbital Heavy duty Rotary shaker (steel met Novatech)
- Class II Aseptic Cabinet with AHU
- Blotting technique facility(Genie)
- PCR Thermal cycler (long gene)
- Extension Instrumentation facilities available in the campus.
- HPLC GC ,HPTLC, FTIR
- Micro titer Plate reader
Department of Physics