Department of Physics
Head of Department
The Department of Physics at the R.C.Patel Arts, Commerce and Science College, Shirpur was established in 1992 to provide opportunity for higher education in science to the students coming from rural and economically poor background. Initially the department started with 50 students, now the strength is increases up to 600. The specialization (T.Y.B.Sc.) in Physics was started in 1994. By the demand of society and initiatives taken by management the PG course M.Sc.-Physics was started in 2013, which helps specially girl students who can’t afford the higher education by taking the admission in the institutes outside
Physics is a science based on experimental observation. The acquaintance with physics helps to realize the working principles of many of our daily necessities. It enables them to understand how physics works in our daily life. . The learner can expand their knowledge of science by knowing a small number of fundamental concepts, equations and experiments.
The department has well equipped two separate laboratories for Physics & Electronics. The department has been improved with teaching aids like charts, LCD projector, smart boards and computer with internet facility. Department has library facilities and Instruments according to prescribed Practical syllabus in Physics & Electronics. This department enjoys a broad spectrum of expert teachers in different fields of physics & Electronics. The head of dept. is Dr. D.R.Patil, who is principal of the college also and highly qualified devoted staff. Eminent lecturers have participated in different seminars on current topics arranged by our department. For overall development of students department established a club “Rainbow-The Spectrum” by the auspicious hands of our Precedent former Education minister Mr. Amrishbhai Patel. Various activities like, quiz contest seminars, guest lectures, poster presentation etc. were conducted under this club.
For further research experience, the department started research Centre for Ph.D. and project work of UG and PG students.
- Provide fundamental knowledge of physical principles.
- Encourage to use analytical thinking & power of observation to learn physics.
- Teach students to use variety of learning resources for physics.
- Configure a basics of physics curriculum and smooth study plan.
- Provide an opportunity for students to expand his knowledge in the branches of physics.
- Preparation of national cadres by basic physics and knowledge that contribute to community service.
- Well-equipped laboratories with research facilities.
- ICT based effective Teaching-Learning Methodologies
- Highly qualified, interactive & experienced Teaching Faculty.
- Local Guardian System to support individual attention to each student.
- Outstanding Academic Results (Gold Medalists, University Rankers, Class-wise Consistent Results).
- Remarkable Placement Records.
- Support for Placement drives through extensive technical sessions by expert faculties.
- Innovative practices like Project Based Learning,
- Organization of workshops, seminars, webinars & online courses for students.
- Commitment to Social Responsibilities through various activities