National Service Scheme
PROFILE OF DEPARTMENT OF NSS
National Service Scheme is the outcome of the idea of our father of nation; Mahatma Gandhi. The scheme was indented to realised the student their social responsibility and use their strength for the development of the society as well as to bring out the overall development of the student by enhancing their life skills. The scheme is implemented in India from 1969, in each university and college affiliated to them. Scheme is under the observation of Department of Youth Affairs and Sport, Government of India.
The extension and outreach activity of the collage is carried out under the NSS Unit, which was established in the academic year 2010-2011. The vision of unit is develop the awareness of social responsibility and to create good citizens of the society; so as to maintain the socio-economical balance. The unit has made many collaborations.
The vision is to Development of the Personality and life skills of volunteers through Community Services.
The motto of National Service Scheme is “NOT ME BUT YOU” in view of making the youth inspired in service of the people and hence NSS Aims Education through Community Service and Community Service through Education.
- To identify, understand and resolved the problem community through social services.
- To develop the relation with the community in which they are going to work.
- To make the aware of community issues to the student and involve publics in it for solving.
ACTIVITIES BY NSS UNIT:
- Blood donation camp
- Tree plantation
- Awareness about road safety
- Organization of special camps
- Organization of Yuva Saptaah
- Implementation of Swachha Bharat Abhiyan
- To develop leadership quality in the student.
- To develop personality and life skills of student.
- To put up current issues of society
- Develop good citizenship in the student to maintain the hormone of society.
- Awareness about Blood Donation and AIDS.